corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Cost of a 1.6 conversion....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cost of a 1.6 conversion....
Rob B

User status: Offline
15th Sep 05 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just did a online insurance quote and it came back rather cheap considering im only 17 , 18 in two weeks but did it as i have just turned 18..

I have a 1.2 16v sxi with only 38 k on the clock would it be an easy swap etc and how much am i looking ?
corsa_fella

15th Sep 05 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in my experience pal for the hassle and money you'd prob be better going straight in there for a c20XE!

or sell up and by a nice 1.6 sport or gsi???

imo couldnt really see the point in doing a 1.6 engine conversion, been there done that wasnt impressed!
but what the ho its up 2 you!

id say cost wise you can pick up a gd 1.6 corsa engine for around 100 to 300 depending on your luck,u might want some bigger breaks ect? also depends if you wer going to convert it yourself...

labour bills are wer the costs stupidly mount!
Sly_SRi
Premium Member

15th Sep 05 at 19:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If your after an engine, let me know

Corsa C Z20Let

Black Sleeper Turbo Project
RobHayes

15th Sep 05 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.6 conversion is alot easier and cheaper than a 2.0 conversion, will need 1 new engine mount, keep the same g/box and shafts etc

wiring on the 1.0 and 1.2 16v is harder than other models due to ECU being bolted onto the back of the engine, but still not impossible to do just a bit more to think about, wires are mainly colour for colour anyway
Rob B

15th Sep 05 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So when buying a 1.6 16v engine what would i need with it and what could i use from my 1.2 16v
seanreay1986

15th Sep 05 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also u may find it hard to insure the car as only certain companies will insure engine conversions
Siberia

15th Sep 05 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

with gsi's/sports being so plentyfull over there i'd just buy one of them... if you really insist on doing the conversion its a piece of piss if a bit labour intensive....
ed

15th Sep 05 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's best buying a 1.6 engine with the car already attatched....

I would suggest you revert your car back to standard and sell it on to the next kid who needs to learn to drive...

With the money go ahead and buy yourself a 1.6 and put all your parts onto it...

You will find that a car with a converted engine will appear dodgy to potential buyers and insurance companys. You will pay more than your quote you got on the internet because you are effectively increasing your power output which insurance companys don't like...
Rob B

15th Sep 05 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok cheers Ed i just really like the way it looks and i bet any money i wouldnt be able to find another silver 1.6 sport but i understand what you mean i think if i got a 1.6 i would just get some 15s and drop it and maybe some subtle stuff but i would be gutted to see some1 driving around my car now, however if i can get 3.8k for it as it, i could probably get a 1.6 sport for 2.5 - 3k and that would give me enough for suspension, wheels and maybe a exhaust etc..

Sorry for the essay
STEvieXE

15th Sep 05 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

over here in northern ireland the cheapest i was gonna get a gsi/sport engine was gonna be around 600 plus another 100 for a gearbox so i thought fuk that n bought a c20xe

New Poll