corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » C16XE Engine Into a 1.2 8 Valve on P Reg

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author C16XE Engine Into a 1.2 8 Valve on P Reg
Josh-Gsi

User status: Offline
16th Feb 10 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi all, ive owned my corsa for over a year know, it has a 1.6 8 valve in it at the moment, but its deceided to go wrong on me .. and know its time for a engine change,
so i was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction to wire one up e.t.c

regards josh
Root

16th Feb 10 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

remember when going from a 8valve to a 16, you will need to change the side engine mount.

Apart from that, try to get an engine similar to the one that's currently, or was, in your car, for example, PAS, air con, etc. Just makes it easier.

best of luck, make a thread and take some pictures of the conversion
Josh-Gsi

16th Feb 10 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea thanks mate, the engine comes with everything, Driveshafts, ecu, wireing loom, mounts, 4 branch e.t.c
apparentley its a big spec engine, with a Diablis Inlet Manifold, 4 Branch, Race Cams & some sort of decent clutch & a close ratio F16 box
140 bhp & quicker than a V-tech off the lights .. looking forward to doing it to be honest. ill take plenty of pictures ill be sure of that

Regards Josh
Josh-Gsi

16th Feb 10 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was thinking

1) a diagram on the sensors e.t.c so i know whats what
2) a link to a simular conversion thats been allready done

New Poll