corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » NCO Europe LTD (who I assume are bailiffs)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author NCO Europe LTD (who I assume are bailiffs)
ed

User status: Offline
16th Oct 10 at 23:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The person who lived in my flat a whole two years ago seems to be in some financial bother. The annoying thing is his accounts seem to be registered at my property - I think it's something to do with tax as letters keep coming through addressed to him from Inland Revenue with 'We are going to get you' written on the envelopes. I do the usual of returning the post to sender, but now I get a postcard saying that NCO Europe are coming to get him on Tuesday.

a) doing some searching on the web, they are a bunch of cunts
b) they only have an 08 number which I refuse to call on principle

I'll return the card to sender, but they're coming on Tuesday between 8am and 8pm. I know the general rule is that you don't let a bailiff through the door until they turn up with the Police. As I live in a private block of flats, what's the deal if they get through the two security doors (keyfob access only) without me giving them access - is that trespassing? My main worry is that they turn up early on Tuesday before I get to work or in the evening when I'm back home and somehow get to my front door - what do I do, and how can I play silly buggers to piss the wankers off?
chloe16v

17th Oct 10 at 00:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just show them some ID showing that you are not the person that they are after and they should leave you alone then
Sam
Premium Member

17th Oct 10 at 08:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
The person who lived in my flat a whole two years ago seems to be in some financial bother. The annoying thing is his accounts seem to be registered at my property - I think it's something to do with tax as letters keep coming through addressed to him from Inland Revenue with 'We are going to get you' written on the envelopes. I do the usual of returning the post to sender, but now I get a postcard saying that NCO Europe are coming to get him on Tuesday.

a) doing some searching on the web, they are a bunch of cunts
b) they only have an 08 number which I refuse to call on principle

I'll return the card to sender, but they're coming on Tuesday between 8am and 8pm. I know the general rule is that you don't let a bailiff through the door until they turn up with the Police. As I live in a private block of flats, what's the deal if they get through the two security doors (keyfob access only) without me giving them access - is that trespassing? My main worry is that they turn up early on Tuesday before I get to work or in the evening when I'm back home and somehow get to my front door - what do I do, and how can I play silly buggers to piss the wankers off?

They are just a debt collection company obviously trying to put the shits up whoever owes the debt.

Bailiffs can't legally force their way into your home by breaking a door/window, but if you leave a door/window open they are allowed to enter that way. The only exception is that bailiffs from the Collector of Taxes (Inland Revenue) can get a warrant to force entry, but this is very rare.

Are you sure it's to do with the Inland Revenue though? I did a Google on that NCO outfit and they seem to be debt collectors for eBay/PayPal and some credit card companies.
ed

17th Oct 10 at 09:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No idea, I'm just going off of envelopes that arrive. They could be for something completely unrelated...

Chloe, can't open the door to them as that constitutes to them gaining access to the property so if they dint get their own way they are then allowed to break in. Was listening to people who've had this problem on Moneybox a few months ago.
Twiggy

17th Oct 10 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Open the letters and see whats going on?

whats the phone number for this comany?
ed

17th Oct 10 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't have any of them, sent them all back to sender as soon as they arrive...
Twiggy

17th Oct 10 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Say no to 0870 etc

Ben J

17th Oct 10 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had similar whe we were renting in MK. Got letters through etc so rang up the debt collection company and explained that I wasn't the guy they were after, he had moved out etc. They were fine about it. Didn't even ask me to prove who I was etc.

Its best to sort it out before a couple of power crazy meatheads are on your doorstep tbh.

[Edited on 17-10-2010 by Ben J]
Gary
Premium Member

17th Oct 10 at 13:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OPen the door to them with ID and maybe even your rental contract stating when you became a tennant etc and that Mr Bloggs is no longer related to the property.

If they come in and start taking stuff just ring the old bill and get them done for forceful entry and theft etc.

I'd definatly open teh door to them tho.

Might even be able to slap a claim in there also. Say they distressted your missus and shes scared to open the door to anyone anymore.

Milk them for all theyve got!
Nath

17th Oct 10 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same thing happened at a property my sister was renting. She opened the letters and called the companies using the above website. Sorted.
ed

17th Oct 10 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Forgot about Say No. It'll be the 0121 number as the letter came from their Solihull office. Will call them Monday AM.
Twiggy

17th Oct 10 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ed

17th Oct 10 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ta
deano87

17th Oct 10 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even on an 08 number I'd be ringing to save all the hassle.
ed

17th Oct 10 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not me who's going to be hassled though. I'm not the one who's leaving my office, driving across town and then get told that they've wasted their journeys. 08 numbers are for cunts.
mattk

18th Oct 10 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any luck?
Russ

19th Oct 10 at 06:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They've 100% took his laptop as he hasn't replied
Twiggy

19th Oct 10 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

!
ed

19th Oct 10 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh yea, they said they wouldn't come anymore. I hope the don't because I left a window open

They could spiderman it up to my floor
Russ

19th Oct 10 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
Oh yea, they said they wouldn't come anymore. I hope the don't because I left a window open

They could spiderman it up to my floor
they should send a pair of strippers, one strips, one takes your tv.
ed

19th Oct 10 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I could let that happen.
Russ

19th Oct 10 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

every night

New Poll